Driving Remote & Hybrid transformation
Master class by The Remote Lab
– Powered by Hyper Island
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND THE COURSE?
The new normal has already begun. We are standing at the crossroads of old ways of working and new flexible settings in our organisations. The Great Resignation has taught us that change is inevitable, but many organisations still have no deliberate and thought-through plan of how to get there.
This course gives you a new perspective around remote and hybrid work and how it impacts the entire organisation, and society beyond this. You’ll be given tools and perspectives that help you in your journey to build an optimal transformation strategy. By bringing your own case into the course we’ll provide valuable feedback for your specific strategy along the way. You will also get inspiration and best-practice from entrepreneurs working and pioneering fully-remote organisations.
Read more about the course below!
LEARN HOW TO DEVELOP REMOTE WORK IN YOUR ORGANISATION
Traditional companies almost always have “the physical office” as norm. We know that shifting into something new and unknown isn’t always easy and that most of us are already working hard every day to meet challenges from management, culture, processes, technology and employees. Many organisations have already changed their policies and guidelines regarding remote working and are now starting to seriously change their operations to become more distance-independent. New titles such as “Head of Remote” are appearing in more and more companies and there is a great focus on taking a holistic approach that affects the entire business, leadership and employees to implement new long-term sustainable working methods. In this course we can give you a structure and roadmap to do the transformation more deliberately.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
We offer learning and training to individuals working with some form of business development, or who are in a strategic position within their organisation – it could be CEOs, country or team leads, HR managers, workplace developers or other strategic roles.
Instead of focusing on theory, we want to make sure this master class is about putting ideas into action and making real change happen. We take a hands-on approach, where you bring your own actual case or organisational challenge for you to work with during the training – you will not only make progress directly but also learn a lot from the experience of your fellow classmates.
The course is in English and fully remote and you can attend from anywhere, but the sessions will be based on CET daytime.
6 CORE MODULES
- Remote & Hybrid transformation strategy is integrated throughout the course. In smaller groups (‘pods’), we will be helping you develop your own remote strategies, and applying the teaching to your organisations.
- Looking outside focuses on the future of remote work, and the future of the office, based on current signals and trends implemented by other organisations around the world.
- Vision for remote helps you to create your future strategy, and will look at existing remote manifestos, as well as how to create a vision and measure goal attainment. We will also discuss how to communicate the new remote strategy to the company, to ensure employees can measure their contributions and performance in relation to company vision.
- Learning from the remote pioneers will involve analysing real cases of remote companies, learning from both the successes and failures, and identifying good strategies for the future.
- People and Structure encompasses the practical human side of remote work: risks to be aware of; knowledge to maximise employee potential; how to overcome issues such as meeting fatigue, or the need for meeting redesign; and how to encourage collaboration and self-leadership within remote workers.
- Leadership assess the challenges of remote leadership: addressing common concerns about its characteristics; the idea of servant leadership; good strategy and behaviours for remote leadership.
HOW YOU WILL LEARN
You will have two days of intense experience with a mixture of live sessions, group and self reflection, building strategy and sharing knowledge with other people from different industries across the world. Not all work will be in front of a screen, you will have your off-screen periods during the days as well. To help you on your journey, you’ll recieve the Hybrid & Remote Handbook as well as the Remote Strategy Canvas.
The goal of this course is to develop a clear strategy for your company to become a more remote-friendly organisation. Hyper Island and The Remote Lab both have extensive experience of running online courses and we can guarantee you an interactive experience.
- Global trends and external monitoring around the future of the office, different levels of remote work and tech development.
- Understanding how you can build an efficient remote culture within teams, and throughout the organisation
- How to think about a company vision and extract that into goals for measurement and communication
- How other companies have transformed to become fully remote
- Understanding the risks and potentials in remote work and how to manage people and structure
- How to improve remote collaboration, design meetings and avoid digital meeting fatigue
- What characteristics are required from a remote leader and how to practically lead remotely
- How to make a remote strategy for your organisation
- Build successful virtual teams and organisations
- Co-create, communicate and lead change to support the transformation towards a distance-independent organization.
- Make a review of the organization based on various aspects that allow you to get a picture of the organization’s maturity and development in the distance-independent transformation
- Allow for better digital meetings by utilising the most suitable technology for you prerequisites
- Set up a structure of objectives and measure progress in you organisation.
WHY DO YOU NEED A REMOTE OR HYBRID STRATEGY?
The trend towards remote work has never been stronger. Even before the pandemic, a majority of younger workers stated that they would refuse a job if the opportunity to work remotely did not exist.
However, recent studies show that employers do not have the same attitude and that in most companies today the physical workplace is still a norm. Despite this, many employers see it as inevitable to have different skills at in a remote setting and to meet the needs of talents. The prevailing norm creates an unequal situation for those who work in offices and those who work remotely, and the time has come to adapt remote or hybrid strategy for the long-term, with increasing numbers of employees requesting flexible work arrangements.
Leadership, culture and the organizations’ strategies are often not optimized for a distance-independent way of working. Yet many remote-first startups with slick processes and working methods are emerging and are proving to have more efficient and result-oriented working methods where, for example, time is not measured. This is of course something that would benefit all companies and organisations to take on, regardless of whether you have people at remotely or not.
Registration is open and the course set up is June 1st to 2nd 1,5 days and a half day on the 14th of June.
This masterclass is fully remote and attendable from anywhere, but the sessions will be based on CET daytime.
The price of the course is 15 000 SEK (excl VAT) or 1450 euros (excl VAT). EARLY BIRD – Get 10% off if you sign up before the 1st of March!
THE REMOTE LAB X HYPER ISLAND
The Remote Lab is a global knowledge and development hub for the future remote work life and works actively with external monitoring, analysis of various activities and training initiatives. With a large network of contacts within “Remote first” entrepreneurs and leaders, they work actively with best practice and development of technology, society as well as new working methods. They are part of several large research initiatives and regularly releases valued reports on different aspects of the future of work.
Hyper Island is a global company, educating people and organizations all over the world; offering vocational training with programs in digital communication, innovation and leadership, and acting as a strategic partner for companies that want to develop their organization commercially and culturally. Unlike the typical training or service providers that exist, they follow a well-proven method that is combined with a large global network of experts in various industries.
Hyper Island was founded in Karlskrona in 1996. Since its inception, the school has had more than 5,000 students from more than 40 countries. Today, the school has employees based in New York, London, Manchester, São Paulo, Singapore, Stockholm, and Karlskrona.
In a unique collaboration, The Remote Lab and Hyper Island are offering the third iteration of this training for “Driving Remote & Hybrid transformation” where participants from around the world get an overall picture and the ability to show direction and develop strategies for their organizations.
Do you have any questions regarding this course, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on +46 70 380 00 07
REGISTER TO THE COURSE: